X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• Gehalt Hilfe

Hallo,

Ich spreche nicht genug deutsch, also schreibe ich auf englisch...

I applied for a position in Berlin and had an interview that went very well. They are now waiting for me to give my salaray expectations and I have no idea what to say because I have never lived here. So I was hoping that someone here would be able to help me.

For the position I will be working mainly with PHP/MySQL. The company size is small. I have 5 years of working experience.

I would really appreciate some help to get and idea.

Javier

Hmm. I can't help directly, as I've been self-employed all my working life and don't know Jack about salaries (I'm very interested in the delights of a regular working life, though ).
    A friend of mine works as a Junior Java Developer in northern Germany. He makes €2,200/month before taxes, health insurance & other duties, which results in a net salary of about €1,500. He works a fourty to fifty hour week. This, however, is surely on the lower end of the scale.

There is a number of commercial salary checking services available, however all of them I know about are in German. Examples:
    http://gehalt.monster.de/content/ser...html?NOFRAME=1
    http://www.personalmarkt.de/spiegel/

If somebody at monster speaks english, it might well be worth the €20 investment and take the test.

But, do tell more about your prospective Job. Like, what will your Job title exactly be? Will you be in a supervisory position of some sort? How many hours will you work there? What other technologies / programming languages do you speak? Do you have academic credentials? Germans are big on academic credentials. And, location location location. Wages in east germany tend to be generally lower than in the west, as the overall cost of living is lower. (As far as I know, at least). Some major cities like Munich, Hamburg or Cologne have very high rents, especially Munich; others, like Berlin or Dresden, are more affordable.

Another idea, you know Xing? Why not sign up there, look for a group of company execs or web developers, and ask around? My experience is that people tend to be more talkative there.
    Zuletzt geändert von pekka; 22.06.2007, 13:58.

Kommentar

Original geschrieben von pekka

A friend of mine works as a Junior Java Developer in northern Germany. He makes €2,200/month before taxes, health insurance & other duties, which results in a net salary of about €1,500.
      Der Typ soll mal nach einer anderen Stelle umgucken. Java-Developer ist doch sehr gefragt, warum gibt er sich mit dem Hungerslohn zufrieden

Kommentar

Original geschrieben von asp2php
        Der Typ soll mal nach einer anderen Stelle umgucken. Java-Developer ist doch sehr gefragt, warum gibt er sich mit dem Hungerslohn zufrieden
        Ich richts ihm mal aus.

Kommentar

Thanks for your response pekka.

The position is offered by a small company, it will be a full time job (40 hours a week)
          The main job will be planning and developing a new web project that they are trying to build. The technologies involved are php / mysql / javascript / actionscript / flash but mainly php/mysql.

About my skills... Ive have over 5 years of web development experience most of it with php, but I have knowledge of javascript, perl, cold fusion, and now experimenting with ajax.

I have a bach degree in computer science and a certificate in internet programming.

Anyway, I didnt want to get much into details because I think all I need is a rough idea...
          I am aware that is cheaper to live in Berlin so I though that the wages must be lower, and unfortunately I dont know anyone in Berlin that can help me and that is why I asked for help in this forum.

many thanks

Javier
          Zuletzt geändert von javjimb; 22.06.2007, 17:06.

Kommentar

Try OpenBC and / or one of the "salary check" services. They will give you a rough idea for the negotiations. You can then still give in a bit, seeing that it's a small company, but you will know what your work is worth.

Kommentar

Ask for 4k, clearly point out your academic degree and any certificate you ever made. If they don't agree, say that you don't know much about living costs in Berlin and indicate that you would take the job even for 3.500 €.

I live in Berlin and work for different small to midsized companies. I can tell you can make ends meet easily with 2.500. But if your company is not one of those startup-today-gone-tomorrows they should pay you at least 3000.

All values are before taxes (tax rate ~ 1/3).

And please forget about that east/west blahblah!

Btw: Need a flat?

Kommentar

thanks onemorenerd, that was very helpful.

I will need a flat if I get the job... are you renting one?

Kommentar

Original geschrieben von javjimb
                  thanks onemorenerd, that was very helpful.

I will need a flat if I get the job... are you renting one?
                  Click the link.

Kommentar

Lädt...
                  X