How does one become a good PHP developer?

Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• How does one become a good PHP developer?

I'm at the point in my career where I would like to progress but looking at positions in my local area, I am missing some key skills. I am a self taught PHP developer with around 4 years experience working with design agencies. I've picked up some bad habits and learnt from some bad resources e.g. W3Schools etc.

I don't enjoy working in the agency environment anymore - no tests, copy and pasting code, poor quality and a rush to get code out the door. I'd love to work for some sort of SaaS company or a company that uses PHP for their main products and internal tooling. It would be amazing to have the freedom to work on new ideas and features without a deadline looming and constant pressure from clients, managers and whoever wants to stick their nose in![color=#333333]Check-distance[/color]

I learn a lot of stuff outside of work during weekends and evenings but without having the backup of a good mentor then I don't know if I'm doing it right or what. I'm trying to focus on new things and get a solid foundation, here are a few things I'm trying to learn:

Composer

PHP 7+

Symfony

Design patterns

Caching
    Zuletzt geändert von techbud; 15.09.2019, 14:41.
Lädt...
X